Urgent request: DSS water is looking for an Engineer to lead on the implementation of the Interagency Flood Preparedness and Response plan prepared by our Team in Gedaref, Sudan (together with DRC, WFP and IHH). This is urgent as it is directly linked to life-saving actions which need to be undertaken in preparation for the rainy/flood season.
- Undertake a detailed technical assessment of flood risks in the new refugee sites for the refugee influx from Ethiopia;
- Lead the coordination this assessment with operational and implementing partners;
- Issue a comprehensive technical report;
- Based on the assessment findings, develop BoQs and tendering documentation for a contractor to carry out required earthworks to mitigate floods; supervise the contractor appointed;
- Develop practical guidelines for all sectors for flood mitigating measures in the development of the sites, and coordinate the implementation of the guidelines;
- Work closely with the relevant local authorities, including COR, the State Governor’s office, locality authorities and community leaders (Arabic desirable);
- Work closely with the site planners and technical specialists in the response.
The Engineer should be “quite specialised requiring a candidate with good hands-on technical capacity to use appropriate tools (GIS, modelling, etc…) and develop informed response plans”. Rapid availability is a must, duration negotiable.
If you are interested in this position, please respond via firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Please send your CV along with your availability (potential start date and duration).