Supported by the Dutch government and under guidance of the mission- and team leader, the Technical Expert of the Dutch Disaster Risk Reduction Team will have the following tasks and responsibilities:
Assess and analyse water security risks and support the team leader in formulating recommendations for improving the situation with short term and long term measures. In doing so:
• Promote integrated and adaptive (climate-change proof) approaches to regional development, water technology and/or water- and delta management
• Position Dutch expertise, skills and technologies in the field of water security
• Identify and promote opportunities for Dutch deployment in subsequent phases
• Contribute to preparing a mission report including lessons learned and good practices and help to prepare presentations for dissemination to sector partners.
• Proven record of achievement and experience in water related disciplines relevant to disaster risk reduction; delta technology, flood control, droughts, water supply and sanitation and/or financing/governance;
• Sound knowledge on one of the subjects mentioned above.
• Analytical ability, adaptive and flexible capacity
• Ability to quickly analyse and understand the country context and to develop innovative solutions that meet the specific country/regional needs;
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in Dutch and English.
• Quick and flexible deployment
• Willing and able to travel and work in areas where limited facilities are at hand
Daniël van Dijk +31 70 304 3712
(Het sollicitatieformulier (‘apply’) wordt niet ondersteund door Internet Explorer met oudere versies, wij verzoeken u als alternatief een andere browser te gebruiken)
Using the form available after clicking on apply