DRR-Team is looking for experts for a mission to Brazil about tailings dams in the period from 12 to 26 October. Starting date of the mission will be Monday October 14.
The scope is:
– Dam prioritization: analysis of information regarding circa 3 dams (geometry, materials, construction sequence, monitoring data if available). The safety of the dam in relation to the possible failure mechanisms will be assessed. Output is advice on which dam should be subjected to intervention first.
– Workshop dyke design: course on the Dutch approach of dyke design and analysis, including risk approach.
This requires a high level of professional expertise in the team involving an integrated approach from several disciplines. The DRR-Team will consist of one Team Leader and three or four experts.
The DRR-Team should combine the following fields of expertise:
- Dyke design, with excellent knowledge of all failure mechanisms (and how to address them). Knowledge of dyke monitoring is a plus. Knowledge of liquefaction is a plus.
- Risk, including safety approaches and risk management, in the flood defense context. Quantification of risk and probabilistic risk analysis.
- Mining processes, tailings disposal and generally how a mine operates and the kind of challenges it presents.
- Geotechnics with experience in monitoring and in dyke projects. Experience in interpreting site investigation information is a plus. Knowledge of liquefaction is a plus.
- Environment, safety, health and sustainability in the context of tailings ponds, tailings dams and mining sites.
Experience/knowledge of the situation of tailings dams in Brazil is a plus. Knowledge of Portuguese is a plus.
Expressions of interest should include:
– Brief motivation (max. half page)
– CV (recent)
Please send your expression of interest by Friday 4th of October 2019 at 12:00 hours to firstname.lastname@example.org.