DSS MHPSS is looking for a MHPSS Technical Working Group Coordinator in Saint Vincent and The Grenadines to support WHO. The position is for 3 months. Starting date is as soon as possible.
For this position, fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of Spanish language is an advantage.
Required experience for this deployment is among others:
- Experience in MHPSS responses in humanitarian contexts;
- Experience working in conflict/humanitarian contexts;
- In depth theoretical and practical knowledge of and the IASC Mental Health and Psychosocial Support in Emergency Settings guidelines and associated products (e.g., IASC Assessment toolkit, the 4Ws mapping tool, M&E framework, and the Health, Protection and CCCM booklets);
- Strong networking capacities for constructive relationships with all humanitarian actors (e.g., OCHA, ICRC, the Saint Vincent Red Cross, Cluster Leads, UN agencies, INGOs, NNGOs and CBOS), Donors and relevant Government Line Ministries;
- Experience in working in large scale complex humanitarian emergencies (previous working experience in the Americas is an advantage);
- Familiarity with the humanitarian architecture (cluster system), humanitarian appeals, humanitarian response plans and common humanitarian funds;
- Ability to work independently and to accept advice from MHPSS coordination group Board members.
Please refer to the Terms of Reference for more information about this mission: 2021 MHPSS SVG TOR – Technical Working Group Coordinator
When interested in this deployment, please send a recent cv and your availability (including earliest possible starting date) to firstname.lastname@example.org.