When you are registered on the roster there are a number of things that you need to prepare for:
- You must ensure that your passport is valid for at least one year.
- You must bear in mind that a medical check-up is a standard part of the pre-deployment procedures.
- Experts on the roster must be vaccinated (including against DTP, MMR, yellow fever, typhoid fever, etc.) and have a cholera stamp in order to deploy quickly after selection.
- Before being deployed you must also have completed your UN online safety training.
- Short specific training courses on the humanitarian field of work are regularly provided by DSS water. Invitations are send to all experts registered on the roster.