Link to application form below.
To be able to react more adequately to future requests and to broaden the pool of expertise DSS MHPSS is seeking for motivated experts who want to make available their knowledge and skills for emergency and relieve operations. Technical areas include: assessments, monitoring and evaluation, conducting 4Ws service mappings, interagency coordination (setting up and temporarily running MHPSS WGs) and MHPSS situational analysis of humanitarian response.
Providing assistance to humanitarian organizations with the objective to reduce the direct impact of the disaster and alleviate suffering of the affected population. The experts should:
- be able to respond effectively and rapidly to major emergencies anywhere in the world,
- be involved in technical support, direct implementation, in making recommendations for interventions and possibly determining mid- to long term strategies for humanitarian organizations working in disasters to meet humanitarian needs.
- Be able to prepare a mission report including lessons learnt and good practices and help to prepare presentations for dissemination to partners
- Experience in working in an international (multi-cultural) context Mental Health and Psychosocial Support;
- Proven experience in working under stress conditions;
- Proven experience in mentoring and capacity development;
- Experience in effective team and project management.
- Analytical ability, adaptive and flexible capacity;
- Ability to quickly analyse and understand the country context and to develop innovative solutions that meet the specific country/regional needs;
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in English, Dutch is an asset. Fluency in spoken and written English is essential, French, Spanish and other languages would be an advantage;
- Ability and willingness to work under pressure in challenging and sometimes insecure environments, where limited facilities are at hand.
- Understanding of International Humanitarian principles and policies (local) capacity building.
- Willing and able to be deployed on short notice to areas affected by humanitarian crises. Duration of missions can vary from 2 to 12 weeks;
- When the expert is employed by a company/organisation, the management must approve the deployment of emergency missions;
- Missions will take place on a reimbursement of expenses basis;
- Some UN security training modules are obligatory;
- Travel + DSA and a compensatory fee of max 225 euro/day;
- In case you have any questions, please contact Sandra Cats, Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland, +3165392972, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important: Read this before applying
- After receiving your username and choosing your password, navigate to ‘Vaardigheden’ in your profile and check the ‘MHPSS’ box below ‘Specifieke kennis en ervaring’. This ensures you will receive the updates relevant for your expertise.
- Mention ‘MHPSS’ and/or ‘Mental Health and Psychosocial Support’ in your CV. This ensures you will receive the updates relevant for your expertise.